- Centurion, Gauteng+1 location
Born out of a movement to draft the first national strategic plan for AIDS, NACOSA has played an important role in mobilising an effective, multi-sectoral response to HIV, AIDS and TB – South Africa’s main public health challenges. NACOSA is now a leading community service organisation, working collectively to build strong, equal and healthy communities free from the burden of HIV, AIDS, TB and GBV. We do this by strengthening community systems, mobilising and managing resources, facilitating networking and collaborations, providing and enabling access to services and advocating, learning and sharing collectively. NACOSA works at all levels – from international agencies, the corporate sector, research institutions and government, right though to local services and small, community groups.
The duties and responsibilities of the role will include but not limited to:
- Coordinates and supports the overall CSS programme activities.
- Network with various stakeholders and form relationships at local level in support of strengthening the response to HIV, TB and STIs.
- Conduct local level profiling and mapping to feed into district database - role-players in the specific priority districts.
- Facilitate community dialogues between civil society, government and other role-players and feedback taken to local level.
- Support coordination of civil society structures at district and local levels.
- Supports the capacity building activities, ensuring provision of support for CSS mentored organisations.
- Report on all district and sub-district activities including capacity building, networking and community dialogues.
- Checking progress on a regular basis – link with relevant specialist to measure outcomes.
- Maintain regular communication with all stakeholders and ensure that activity reports and critical issues are tabled timeously during quarterly meetings and other networking opportunities.
- Network with and build strategic alliances and relationships with key stakeholders and organisations working in complimentary fields.
- Degree in Social Science/Public Health or related discipline.
- At least 3 years’ experience at management of programmes or projects
- A thorough understanding of the HIV, TB and STIs in the context of Community Systems Strengthening,
- Advanced Computer skills, specifically in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Good communication and inter-personal skills on all levels.
- Proven ability to work as a team member within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Administrative competency and attention to detail
- Facilitation and presentation Skills
- Good time management skills
- Valid unendorsed driver’s license and minimum 2 years driving experience. (non-negotiable)
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks, consider your application as unsuccessful. NACOSA reserves the right not to make any appointment in this position.
- NACOSA respects the privacy of its stakeholders and will treat all personal information provided in line with our recruitment policy and in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act.