Dispatch Clerk Jobs at Holler
- South Africa
Please update to one of the following browsers:
• Google Chrome
• Microsoft Edge
• Apple Safari
• Mozilla Firefox
You can find details about supported web browsers.
Holler Trace cc is a Procurement and Export company based in Midrand with clients in Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Ghana, Rwanda, DRC, Malawi.
1. Collaborating with Logistics to get packing slips for goods to be dispatched;
2. Identifying items and containers of incoming and outgoing shipments and verifying them against packing slips;
3. “Pulling” all the goods to be shipped into a quarantine area;
4. Collaborate with the respective buyers to ensure the correct goods have been identified and pulled for shipping.
5. Ensure outgoing shipments are in good condition and meet specifications;
6. Check all goods to be shipped and ensure they are packed, palletized and/or crated sufficiently to ensure zero damage in transit;
7. Check and ensure that each item to be dispatched has the relevant labels attached.
8. Loading of goods on the designated truck in tandem with the forklift operator, warehouse supervisor and assigned general workers;
9. Ensure goods are loaded in line with weight and height restrictions and vehicle loading capability and requirements.
10. Take photos of each item as it is loaded on the truck for quick identification should a query arise;
11. In liaison with the truck driver and/or owner of the truck, ensure that the load is properly secured, and the correct tools, for example corners, fastenings and tarps are used in order to protect the goods;
12. Sign off on each packing slip to confirm it has been loaded for shipment and submit all signed packing slips and photos to the Warehouse Manager for review.
13. Any other work as assigned by the Warehouse Manager.
· High school or equivalent
· 3+ years’ proven experience as a dispatch clerk
· Working knowledge of computer programs for entering data
· Basic math and recording abilities
· Solid understanding of Health and Safety regulations
· Good physical condition – ability to lift up to 20kgs at a time unassisted
· Excellent organizational skills
· Great communication and interpersonal abilities
· Detail-orientated, multi-tasker
Candidates with a valid Forklift licence will be preferred.
• Attention to detail
• Willingness to assist across all sections within the warehouse
• Basic carpentry skills to build crates for goods where required
3 month contract position initially.
Salary negotiable based on experience.
A detailed CV with contactable references will be required.