Digital Content Consultant
- Sandton, Gauteng
- Discovery Ltd.
Job DescriptionBusiness Unit: Discovery Bank Function: Banking Date: 09-Feb-2023 Digital Content Consultant
About Discovery Discovery’s core purpose is to make people healthier and to enhance and protect their lives. We seek out and invest in exceptional individuals who understand and support our core purpose, and whose own values align with those of Discovery. Our fast-paced and dynamic environment enables smart, self-driven people to be their best. As global thought leaders, Discovery is passionate about innovating in order to not only achieve financial success, but to ignite positive and meaningful change within our society.
About Discovery Bank Discovery Bank is a bank like no other – a shared-value bank, designed with our clients in mind. We’re all about sharing the value that clients create when they manage their money well, back with them through exceptional interest rates and rewards. Our Vitality Money programme measures how well clients manage their finances, informs them of what it means to be financially healthy, and empowers them with the knowledge to get enhanced rewards for managing their money well. If you’re adaptable, a problem-solver, always questioning the way things are done, passionate about doing what is right, and obsessed with providing a quality service experience, we have a job for you where you can be your best in an environment that’s safe and nurturing.
Job Purpose To review, organise, store, and manage multiple content types in line with objectives. The consultant participates in content design discussions with multiple stakeholders and ensures the content is aligned to our standards, user friendly and creates a positive experience. The Digital Content Designer also assists with knowledge management within the Bank.
Areas of responsibility may include but are not limited to
- Responding to internal queries and inbox management of workflow processes.
- Designs, stores, and shares content as the single source of truth that incorporates business standards, mappings, and quality.
- Maintaining and improving a content architecture to enable the accessibility of content.
- Initiates and participates in internal and external stakeholder discussions.
- Quality checking and capturing of client content - Source, scope, develop and structure new and existing content in collaboration with subject matter experts, Marketing and Legal.
- Producing content assets that are accurate, timely, of high quality and to Discovery Bank’s agreed writing style.
- Provide content principles, improvements, and templates.
- Uses the guidelines and standards when producing and designing content.
- Maintaining various stakeholder relationships.
- Be comfortable working in an agile environment, ability to coordinate multiple projects, able to deliver at pace, and be at ease with rapidly changing deadlines, priorities, workloads, and goals.
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Must have excellent writing skills.
- Advanced computer skills; Key MS Office package; Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence.
- Proven experience with Content management systems.
- Self-starter with exceptional organisational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to convey complex ideas to broad audiences.
- Creative problem solver with high levels of attention to detail.
- Ability to work cohesively in a team environment, collaborate and balance multiple priorities.
- Strong time management skills, works well under pressure and to deadlines.
- A team player who can work alone when required and without supervision.
- High level of attention to detail, resilience, enthusiasm, energy, and drive.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills to exercise mature judgment.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
Education and Experience
- Matric / Grade 12 (Essential)
- Completed degree / diploma in Communications or related field (Essential)
- At least four years relevant or similar experience within a content management function in a banking environment.
- Clear understanding of Content management.
- Familiar with content management tooling and/or front-end programming (including but not limited to HTML development)
- Simplified language experience.
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.