Demand Creation Officer
- Eastern Cape
- Right To Care
Right to Care requires the services of a suitably qualified, well-motivated and results-driven candidate to be appointed in the above-mentioned vacant position which will be based in Eastern Cape.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Introduce the VMMC programme to communities and conduct profiling by means of various sources.
- Based on the results obtained from community profiling, allocate Social Mobilisers to various supported areas by means of GIS Mapping in order to ensure proper coverage of target/pivot populations.
- Coordinate and supervise demand creation activities performed by Social Mobilisers within various Right to Care-supported areas.
- Schedule demand creation activities (i.e. information sessions, talks, events, etc.). aimed at promoting VMMC in designated areas (i.e. door-to-door visits, events at taxi ranks, youth clubs, malls, etc.).
- Create appropriate demand creation training plans based on training needs analyses.
- Engage with clinical roving teams to create accurate and proper service delivery schedules.
- Draft and submit weekly reports that outline activities completed and the number of leads.
- Schedule and maintain a monthly calendar of VMMC outreach activities.
- Submit weekly and monthly reports of the social mobilisers’ performance to the Demand Creation Coordinator.
- Actively engage with community leaders and structures in communities surrounding VMMC facilities to promote VMMC services and to identify demand creation opportunities.
- Actively seek out opportunities for Social Mobilisers to participate in events and collaborate with organisations, government and/or schools for VMMC service delivery.
- Collaborate with local stakeholders (Community Based Organisations and other partners) to ensure proper coordination of social mobilisation campaigns..
- Mentor Social Mobilisers by addressing their challenges and barriers that prohibit them from reaching their targets
Conduct weekly performance reviews of targets reached by Social Mobilisers.
- Matric (Grade 12) and a certificate in Marketing and Communications
- A valid South African driver’s license endorsed with a PrDP(Professional Driving Permit) is compulsory
- Two years experience in organising and overseeing health promotion events, activities and projects at a community level cultural specific context
- Excellent written and verbal communication in both English and local vernaculars