Deloitte Consulting - DTMA - Manager, Environmental 2023
- Midrand, Gauteng
- Midrand, Gauteng
Job DescriptionCompany Description
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 345,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
Innovation, transformation, and leadership occur in many ways. At Deloitte Consulting, our ability to help solve clients’ most complex issues is distinct. We deliver strategy and implementation, from a business and technology view, to help lead in the markets where our clients compete.
Deloitte Technical Mining Advisory (DTMA) is a specialised mining industry advisory team within Deloitte Consulting, providing technical advisory services to the broader Deloitte firm, and the mining industry.
DTMA’s unique and market-leading competency provides integrated technical mining services that create and preserve value. Our DTMA professionals assist our clients with mineral resources and reserve reviews, internal and external auditing, project studies, development, and optimization throughout the value chain.
Our professionals need to have the acumen to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, balancing long term projects with the urgency of immediate operational demands. We are committed to establishing and empowering the firm by establishing an environment of continuous learning and enriching career opportunities.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Main Purpose of the role:
To support the business in the delivery of services to clients on delegated engagements/projects. Develop high-performing people and teams, leading and supporting them to make an impact that matters and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client service.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing audit and assurance on closure/financial provisions calculations
- Providing input relating to legislative requirements for environmental, rehabilitation and closure related projects
- Review of environmental management systems in line with international standards
- Provides advice to mining companies on a range of mining related sustainability issues
- Contributes to operational improvement projects for mining clients
- Assists in strategy formulation
- Undertake legal compliance reviews against approved EMPs, licences, permits, directives and registers.
- Undertake effective and accurate closure and rehabilitation assessments
- Participate in projects and operational reviews including reporting on compliance with best practices including ISO 14001
- Assist with assurance work on environmental projects
- Holds capabilities and experience in a diverse range of DTMA’s offerings including:
- Environmental audit and assurance
- Due Diligence
- Subject Matter Expert work for strategy, audit and management consulting
Qualifications and Experience:
Qualifications in any of the following would be a distinct advantage:
- Environmental Sciences, Environmental Management, Environmental Technology, Hydrology, Agriculture
- Whilst not a strict requirement, an MBA, or Masters in the relevant field of study is a definite advantage
- Specialist environmental qualifications
Minimum 8 years working experience in a Mining focused role either within an environmental consultancy, management consulting or industry.
Key Competencies required:
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
- Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Influence - Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Performance drive - Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Strategic direction - Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Talent development - Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Mature Domain Expertise – Ability to apply deep, specialized expertise in a particular product/domain to solve complex business issues
- Delivery Excellence - Ability to plan and execute a project to deliver a superior client experience
- Knows the Business and Sector - Ability to comprehend how the client’s business works and keep up-to-date on industry/sector trends and leading practices
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving - Ability to identify and solve problems objectively using analysis, experience and judgment
- Financial Acumen - Ability to incorporate financial information when evaluating business opportunities and making recommendations
- Executive Presence - Ability to develop relationships, establish credibility with and instill confidence in clients
- Global Mindset - Ability to leverage cross-geography insights and practitioners to enhance client service delivery
- Business-Technology Acumen - Ability to articulate how technology enables and differentiates the business and communicate this effectively to clients
- Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.
At Deloitte, we want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work—in every country, in everything we do, every day. We aim to create a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect, including reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. We seek to create and leverage our diverse workforce to build an inclusive environment across the African continent.