Debt Collector at Truworths
At Truworths, you’ll find a dynamic business environment where our staff is constantly challenged to reinvent the way we do business in order to keep us at the forefront of the South African fashion industry.
Take a walk through our stores or offices and you’ll encounter an infectious love of fashion and a tangible will to succeed among the people who make up our business – both of which are key to keeping us at least one step ahead of the competition.
Our Customer Services department requires people with a real passion for retail and commitment to a high level of customer service, to work in our Debt Collection Department as a Debt Collector in Pretoria
• Advises customer of total due amount (arrears + instalment due).
• Confirms salary date and ensure correlations between salary date, PTP date and date last paid.
• Advises customer of the relevant consequences of non-payment or benefits of making payment.
• Negotiate for total due/Multiple PTPs.
• Offers the option to pay via credit card and explain benefits of paying via credit card.
• Offer a debit order and explain benefits of a debit order payment.
• All info updated correctly and correct action codes used.
Qualifications and Experience
• Matric or equivalent qualification
Experience / Knowledge:
• Previous relevant experience (collections experience) is advantageous.
• Computer literate (Excel, Word).
• Multi lingual beneficial.
• Is a willing, enthusiastic & active participant.
• Eager to learn new skills.
• Patient and tolerant.
• Competitive and a desire to succeed
• Focus and the ability to concentrate for long periods.
• Persistent and assertive.
• The ability to work in a competitive and stressful environment.
• Problem solving skills.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Punctuality and good attendance.
• Honestly and trustworthy.
• Adapt to change quickly, in a fast-paced environment.