Customer Support Consultant
- Cape Town, South Africa
Our Customer Support Team at Mukuru is growing and we are looking for 6 x Customer Support Consultants to join us at our World Class Customer Support Department.
The main purpose of this position is to provide exceptional customer service and assistance with money transfer orders and related queries, to promote and support customer loyalty to the Mukuru brand.
The Customer Support Consultants reports directly to the Team Leader.
As a Customer Support Consultant, you will be responsible for taking incoming calls from current and prospective customers, as well as making call-backs and assisting customers with order creation.
The Virtual Sales and Support Consultant is also responsible for promoting new products to new and existing customers.
Internal Liaison takes place with the Digital Support Team, Payment Relations and VAS Teams. External liaison takes place with all external customers contacting the Customer Support Department.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to) :
- Assist customers who call the Mukuru Customer Support Department
- Manage own system by prioritizing calls
- Accurately create tickets on the Zendesk for queries that must be escalated
- Call back customers who have requested call-backs
- Identify the customer's needs and either create an order or capture a ticket on the Zendesk
- Ensure all information is accurately captured onto the system
- Create orders on the system on behalf of the customers
- Coordinate meetings for new account creation
- Provide the new customer with all relevant information about the card and what is required to open an account
- Assist new customers from the UK in creating accounts
- Promote new and additional products to customers
- Uphold the company brand
- Manage own professional and self-development
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Degree / Diploma (Desirable)
- Mukuru Customer Support training course completed
- Understanding and speaking of English and one of the following languages : Luganda / Swahili / Portuguese / Chewa / Shona / Bemba / Ndebele
- 6 months Customer Service experience
- Contact Centre experience (Desirable)
- Knowledge of money transfer procedures
- Knowledge of FICA regulations
- Knowledge of African currencies
- Multitasking skills
- Computer skills
- Typing skills
- Telephone skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Selling skills
- Time management skills
- Organisational & administrative skills
- Conflict management skills
- Attention to detail
- Only applicants who meet the requirements and speak the critical languages as indicated will be considered for these roles.
I am sure you are reading this job description and meet majority of the criteria BUT you may also still not be 100% comfortable in applying.
We believe that there is a place for everyone under the Mukuru sun and we want YOU to contribute to our diverse tapestry of talent.
So come on, take a leap of faith, and send your application if you meet majority of our requirements. Remember to include a snippet of how you will bring value and help us build a future of success that will help us determine where and how you may best be suited Maybe you are just the future Mukurian we need!!
Should you be appointed in a remote / work from home role at Mukuru, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have uninterrupted internet connectivity and a work-like' environment at your home location, in order to deliver your best in terms of performance, productivity and service to our customers.
If you do not receive any response after two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB : ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY'S EE TARGET