Corporate Compliance Officer X 3
- Johannesburg, Gauteng
- Rand Water
Job Advert Summary
Rand Water is looking for Corporate Compliance Officers to provide specialist functional support to the Regulatory and Compliance Services Division on responsibilities relating to the corporate compliance risk identification, assessment, management, monitoring and reporting.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in law, audit or a related field
- A minimum of 2 years’ proven experience in a compliance role
- Compliance, Legal, Audit or Ethics background
- Postgraduate qualification in the relevant field would be an added advantage
- Professional Membership or ability to be a member with Compliance Institute of Southern Africa or any other relevant professional membership
- Experience in State Owned Enterprise compliance would be an added advantage
- Experience in the water sector would be an added advantage
- Develop, implement and maintain the Rand Water’s (“Rand Water and its subsidiaries”) Regulatory and Compliance Strategy.
- Identify, establish and maintain the Rand Water’s regulatory universe.
- Draft Rand Water’s compliance risk management plan and assist business with the implementation thereof.
- Monitor, advice and report on the Rand Water’s adherence to statutory laws, legislative requirements, standard operating procedures and in-house policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with business in developing action plans to respond to regulatory changes and to address shortfalls in compliance.
- Manage regulatory engagements through collaboration with both internal and external assurance providers.
- Maintain relations with regulatory authorities.
- Provide compliance monitoring and advise to the Supply Chain Management Bid Committees.
- Champion resolution of compliance issues.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk exposure.
- Identify inherent business risk areas for non-compliance and develop policies to manage and mitigate risks.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness and quality assurance of compliance procedures, systems and controls.
- Liaise with executive management and shareholder via the relevant established governance structure with regards to the Rand Water’s compliance and sustainability.
- Promote a compliance culture within the Rand Water and its subsidiaries.
- Collaborate with line management to advice and enhance facilitation of discharging responsibilities in order to:
- Protect the Rand Water’s reputation from potential non-compliance sanctions and penalties
- Avoid legal actions
- Promote a coordinated working relationship with business regulators
- Prevent unethical, illegal, or improper conduct
- Promote awareness campaigns and road shows to enhance understanding of new and existing compliance requirements.
- Computer literacy in all MS Office programmes
- Knowledge of the Generally Accepted Compliance Practice (GACP)
- Maturity and good interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Ability to be innovative in driving permeation of a broader compliance culture in Rand Water
- Explore monitoring software technology for adequate compliance management (end-result implementation)
- Excellent organisational, operational and administrative skills
- Possess the initiative and capability to work independently and effectively as a team player
- Ability to interact with people in a multidisciplinary and multicultural working environment
- Work experience with a wide and diverse spectrum of groups and individuals
- Open and responsive to constructive criticism
- Strong Communication skill (both verbal and written)
- Planning and Organising
- Report writing skill
- Proven analytical and ability to evaluate compliance risk
- Ability to prioritise
- Time management
- Relationship building skill
- Ethical and principled
- Fair and modest
- Proactive, target driven and diligent
- Willingness to keep learning
- Strong constitution and extra conviction
- Strong attention to detail
- Adopt a positive attitude towards group dynamics
- Ability to communicate in an assertive manner
- Manage implementation of an effective compliance program
Rand Water as an organization has the right to fill or not fill any advertised positions