- Richards Bay, KwaZulu-Natal
This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
E-mail : GRP-TNPARCB.Recruitment@transnet.net
The closing date is on 10.02.2023. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com
Operating Division : Transnet NPA
Position Title : Contract Specialist
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : Supply Chain
Location : Richards Bay
Reporting To : Manager - Procurement
Grade Level : G
Reference Number : 10280995
To manage tendering process, contracts portfolio and administer submissions to the Richards bay Port Acquisition
Committee as well as the Divisional Acquisition Council
1. Prepare tender documents, advertise, evaluate, and prepare recommendations for award.
2. Manage the awarded contract document by familiarizing herself/himself with its contents and ensuring that the risk to
TNPA is minimized.
3. Identify project based risks as a result of ambiguities, conflicts or deviations with the scope of works in order to reduce
contracts risk and prevent litigation.
4. Implement and Manage Procurement cost savings initiatives as per TNPA Plan.
5. Prepare, analyze and submit monthly contract status reports as per approved template
6. Responsible for working with other Project Team members to ensure that TNPA or customer related actions or inactions
which could result in constructive contract changes are identified and make recommendations on their resolution.
7. Ensure that the contract is operationalized effectively within the context of the standardised Procure to Pay (P2P) process
Improve and maintain working relationship with Construction, Engineering, Procurement, Legal, Risks Management and
other disciplines to facilitate interfaces between those performing contract administration.
8. Manage contracts and coordinate with project teams to ensure that all commercial aspects of the contracts are managed
appropriately and ensure that everyone understand their role
9. Facilitate negotiations with tenderers, particularly on CAPEX projects
10. Ensure that contracts are renewed timeously and ensure that there are no services which are procured without a
contract. Decide on mechanisms to be used on contract variation
11. Responsible for the development and management of appropriate mechanisms to monitor compliance with contract
terms and conditions.
12. Approval of requests for changes from the contractor with regards to all commercial aspects which are allowed in terms of
Qualifications & Experience:
# National Diploma or Degree (Commercial / Supply Chain Management).
# 5 to 8 years’ experience in managing tenders and contracting process and in administering contracts in a Procurement
# Experience in Engineering contract administration and management in a multidisciplinary environment
# Tender and contract procedures
# Knowledge of procurement policies, procedures and mechanisms-PPM and Business Critical Activities / Control
# Contract management of major projects, Project Management, Transnet Procurement Policy, General conditions of
# NEC Contracts
# Contract Law.
# Statutory civil engineering requirements (including the Construction and CIDB Acts)
# SAP CLM
# Report writing and presentation skills
# Attention to detail
# Analytical ability / problem solving
# Contract negotiation
# Ability to work under pressure and independently
# Interpersonal skills