- La Lucia, KwaZulu-Natal
- Kempston Recruitment EL
About the position
JOB DESCRIPTION / PURPOSE:
Client in the Property finance industry looking to employ a Compliance Specialist.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Relevant 3 year qualification consisting of Compliance / Legal. Preferably a LLB degree;
- Relevant Compliance Management Certificate and/or certification as a Compliance Practitioner /CPrac (SA) would be an advantage.
- 2 to 3 year's experience in a legal/banking;
- Strong knowledge of applicable legislations, regulatory compliance guidelines and standards within a financial services sector.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
Compliance Risk Management:
- Assist and support the development of Group Compliance Function and updates of compliance risk management plans
- Development, implementation and maintaining of compliance monitoring plans in relation to key legislation tailored to business processes / units, including FAIS, LTIA, STIA, TCF, COFI, CPA, NCA; FICA, POPIA (including data privacy laws concerning cybersecurity), Exchange Control Regulations or any other applicable legislation on a Group Level, reporting findings to the Senior Compliance Manager.
- Advice in relation to regulatory compliance issues, processes, complaints and querie
- Assist in maintaining relationships with regulatory bodies and assist with handling of complaints from regulators, supervisory bodies, ombuds, input into complaints received from or on behalf of consumers.
- Ensure that there are proper non-compliance reporting channels for staff and external parties.
Cultivating a compliance training culture:
- Advise the relevant business unit management on latest trends within the compliance environment
- Strong data analysis and report writing skills
- Ability to work independently and be a team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative, adaptable, innovative and delivery focused
- Self-motivated and self-managed
- Strong commercial mindset and confident
- Interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Project management skills
- Tolerance for stress and deadline driven environment
- Ability to engage with senior stakeholders
- Report Writing
- communication skills.
- Interpersonal Skills
Desired Work Experience:
- 2 to 5 years
Desired Qualification Level: