Community Development Manager SQF
- uMfolozi, KwaZulu-Natal
Job DescriptionJob Title Community Development Manager SQF Organisational Unit Mondi South Africa -> Forestry Operations -> Stakeholder Eng Position Type Permanent Minimum years relevant experience 4-5 years Location Umfolozi - Kwambonambi, KZN ZA (Primary)
% Travel 50 - 60% Job Advert
MIN EDUCATION REQUIRED: Matric/Grade 12
TERTIARY: ESSENTIAL Degree/Btech: Social Science or Development Studies
MINIMUM YEARS: Five years of solid work experience within the Social development field with knowledge of CSI and land reform.
LICENCES/MANDATORY TRAINING: Drivers License
RESPONSIBILITIES / KPAS:
- Ensure that the stakeholder engagement meetings with the community liaison committee, community trusts and other stakeholders do take place.
- Manage & monitor the implementation of the Community Engagement Plans (CEP’s)
- Identify & establish good relations with stakeholders and create engagement platforms for stakeholders. Responsible for SQF Stakeholder Database.
- Capability building of local stakeholders, trusts, and communities.
- Support of community trusts and provide guidance, ensure compliance with the trust deed, and arrange pre-board meetings.
- Manage the overall implementation of CSI projects as approved by the Social Sustainable Committee (SSC).
- Engagement with DFF and ensure compliance with clause 46 of the lease agreement; attend the RCC meeting as required by the lessor and report any breach of lease conditions to relevant authority and management.
- Ensure that the community does not encroach on designated areas.
- Land claims – manage good relations with the land claimants.
- Budget Management – management of funds to ensure that the expenditure remains under budget, ensure cost-saving drive, and monitor wasteful expenditure.
- People Management & Development - supervision/mentoring of subordinates to ensure that they achieve their KPA’s. Empowerment of team members. Staff wellness and retention.
- Ensure that reports are submitted timeously.
- Develop clear processes of ESD/SED and the correct use of BBBEE templates; development and implement ESD strategy and ensure compliance with the legislation.
- Implementation of sustainable community development programs.
- Ensure the BBBEE report and portfolio of evidence are submitted on time. Attend to all queries raised by auditors on SED/ESD elements.
- Collaboration and partnering with government and other development agencies on SED and CSR programs.
- Create awareness and visibility of our program, manage expectations and risks, and keep up to date with SQF’s communication plans.
- Livestock Management - ensure compliance with FSC and environmental requirements, while respecting community user rights.
- Ensure that all FSC requirements with regards to communities are complied with, keeping records of legal compliance with FSC requirements for annual audit.
- When CAR reports are given by FSC auditors ensure the timeous closure thereof.
- Ensure compliance with FSC and environmental and Basic Human Rights requirements.
JOB COMPETENCIES / ATTRIBUTES/SKILLS – ESSENTIAL
- MS Office essential / General computer literacy is a prerequisite.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Development skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Participatory approaches.
- Enterprise development SME.
- Understanding of Community and Land Reform programmes.
- Fluency in Zulu.
The above advert has minimum requirements listed, however Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for short listing.