- Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
- Discovery Ltd.
Job DescriptionBusiness Unit: Discovery Insure Function: Claims Administration Date: 17-Nov-2022 Discovery – Insure Non-Motor Claims Assessor Specialist – Short Term Insurance | Kwazulu-Natal About Discovery Discovery’s core purpose is to make people healthier and to enhance and protect their lives. We seek out and invest in exceptional individuals who understand and support our core purpose, and whose own values align with those of Discovery. Our fast-paced and dynamic environment enables smart, self-driven people to be their best. As global thought leaders, Discovery is passionate about innovating in order to not only achieve financial success, but to ignite positive and meaningful change within our society. About Discovery Insure Discovery Insure is committed to creating a nation of great drivers and building better businesses through our innovative Shared-value Insurance model. Discovery Insure is South Africa’s fastest growing short-term insurance company with comprehensive products that provide protection against current and emerging risks facing clients in the motor, home and business insurance sectors. Vitality Drive, an internationally-recognised and award-winning programme, is a key differentiator in the market that incentivises and rewards clients for driving well. The Vitality Drive programme has been scaled to local and international markets which now include Europe and the Middle East. The company employs over 1 000 people who are committed to putting our customers and financial advisers first by providing unique and innovative solutions and cover. Key Purpose To investigate and validate non-motor claims to determine validity based on the Discovery Insure contract. To correctly quantify and validate losses and serve as a mediator between clients and/or brokers. Provide feedback and support to claims consultants and foster good relationships between brokers and clients. Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to
- Non-motor claims investigation and validation, including settlement, rejection and repair within service level agreement.
- Turn-around time and predetermined mandates.
- Loss adjustment by correctly quantifying losses and/or verifying claimed amounts. Mediation between Insure client and/or broker.
- Reporting on all assessed claims and making recommendations.
- Analyse client behaviour to determine legitimacy of claims.
- Investigate and report on fraudulent claims.
- Perform administrative tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Make recommendations to prevent fraud.
- Analyse, collecting, evaluating and handling of evidence.
- Claims forum presenting of claims.
- Matric (Essential)
- 5 years’ minimum short term insurance claims experience (Essential)
- 5 years’ short-term insurance non-motor claims validations and investigations experience (Essential)
- Interviewing techniques (Essential)
- Investigation terminology (Essential)
- Tertiary qualification relating to investigations and interviewing e.g. Certified Fraud Examiner (Advantageous)
- Hold a valid driver licence
- Willing to travel
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.