Citrus Production Assistant
- Swellendam, Western Cape
- HopkinsCalvert Associates
Our client is a producer, packer and exporter of citrus and table grapes, with farms and packhouses in the Western Cape.
The company has a vacancy for a Citrus Production Assistant at Klipbult Farm, a citrus farm in Buffeljagsrivier outside Swellendam. The position will report to the Farm Manager and is available immediately.
- Production: Planting of citrus; irrigation scheduling; application of fertilizer; pest and plague control; pruning; harvesting; monitoring, and all manipulations
- Personnel and Administration: Labour planning and management; recordkeeping; transport and accommodation planning; maintenance (equipment/orchards/general)
- Matric with a relevant tertiary qualification
- Three years’ experience in the cultivation of citrus
- Knowledge of sound production practices
- Proficiency in MS Office (especially Excel)
- Good administrative and communication skills
By Submitting your information and application you hereby confirm:
- That you give us permission to retain your personal information in our database for future matching to employment opportunities.
- Should suitable opportunities arise we will contact you and request your consent to submit your CV to a specific client for a specific purpose.
- That the information you have provided to us is true, correct and up to date.
Please ENSURE that your application includes the following:
- a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, inclusive of contact and email information
- a covering letter motivating the application
- an indication of current and expected remuneration
- contactable referees
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was not successful. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.