Chemical Engineering Graduate
- Johannesburg, Gauteng
- AVI Limited
AVI Ltd. is known for its leading household brands across many categories including: hot beverages, sweet and savoury biscuits and snacks, frozen convenience foods, personal care products, cosmetics, shoes, accessories, and fashion apparel.
NATIONAL BRANDS LIMITED operates 5 manufacturing sites, offering world-class manufacturing facilities in Isando (Johannesburg), Rosslyn (Pretoria), Westmead and Durban (KZN). It is home to some of the best-known South African tea, coffee and creamer brands, including our delicious range of much-loved savoury and sweet biscuits, and our melt-in-your-mouth snack range.
We are looking for a CHEMICAL GRADUATE to join a company that employs real people to do exceptional things. Your time with us will start in January 2023 and our programme runs for 24 months.
The AVI-Graduate Programme incorporates a holistic experience of mentorship, practical exposure and technical, leadership and business development opportunities. As one of our Graduates, you will be exposed to a host of diverse corporate situations spanning from key improvement projects, CSI Initiatives, skills training and behavioural development. We have had the privileged of grooming many young ambitious professionals into successful leaders in our business and are excited to walk this exciting journey with you.
Why our Graduates choose AVI
- Real exposure and practical learning in actual working environments
- Encouraged to be involved and think of alternative solutions to genuine business issues
- Constant mentorship, guidance and support
- Meaningful work and opportunities to contribute
- Accountability and ownership for quality and delivery
What you will be doing:
- Exposed to our fast-moving food manufacturing processes at a factory level
- Process design and PID, Process control, data mining, data analysis and practical involvement in R&D activities. This includes:
- Process mass and energy balance
- Process optimization, plant stability and efficiencies
- Theoretical and practical support of the innovation on both product and process
- Review and control of specifications and performance for raw material and process inputs
What you will need to be considered:
- Sc / B.Eng in Chemical Engineering
- Honours or Masters in Chemical Engineering would be highly advantageous
- A minimum average of 60% in the final year of studies
- MS Excel
- CAD and Technical Process Drawing
- Any vacation experience or part-time work would be beneficial
- Must be willing to travel in between sites
What makes you exceptional:
- You are an analytical thinker that is focused on finding solutions to problems, effectively gathering and analysing information by asking probing questions and thinking things through
- You focus on finding and documenting the facts to better understand the logic behind a problem
- You can adopt a conceptual approach when developing new ideas; I identify the underlying principles of the problem and apply relevant theories when possible.
- You are reliable and complete your work in accordance with deadlines
- You focus on consistently delivering high-quality work by being meticulous and continually checking the detail of your work
- You can build and strengthen mutually beneficial partnerships with others
- You cope well with pressure by remaining calm and composed before and during important or stressful events
- You are confident and articulate when you communicate, you can explain concepts to other people when giving presentations