Chef De Partie
- Cape Town, Western Cape 8001
- Cape Town, Western Cape 8001
Job DescriptionJob Number 22216929
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location AC Hotel Cape Town Waterfront, Dockrail Road Foreshore, Cape Town, The Western Cape, South Africa VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
To ensure that all tasks are completed in a timely manner, communication is maintained with all senior chefs and that all food handled within the section is in an hygienic manner and to the highest standard. To effectively manage the Kitchen Department and staff recourses in the absence of the department head through Systematic controls, effective delegation and supervision in accordance with Company Procedures and Standards.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
The CPD will be required to run a section in the main kitchen, i.e. cold, hot, or pastry as needed.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Effective supervision of section MEP / planning to ensure consistency in food quality and execution, presentation and service delivery.
- Assist with the quality, presentation and preparation of the cuisine through innovative and varied menu planning, self and staff development and training, knowledge of current trends, effective implementation and monitoring of controls and systems to ensure consistency
- To support the Food cost target, with control of wastage and productivity to ensure maximum profit – ie casual labour, departmental expenses, monthly stock takes and O/E counts
- To be aware of all health and safety regulations, fire procedures and hygiene laws
- To support the GEI targets as agreed with the Head Chef
- To ensure that revised or new standards are upheld and maintained in product
- To train and develop all junior members of staff
- Effective time management and forward planning to ensure all service and administrative deadlines are met
- Be trained on the material controls system and ensure that placement of all food orders are processed on a daily basis
- Ensure effective stock ordering according to business levels and correct stock rotation is maintained
- Assist with preparation and be responsible for the execution of all functions in the restaurant to ensure all deadlines are met and quality standards achieved
- To ensure that each member of the team has the correct uniform available to them whilst working and that they are presentable and not in a poor state
- Check and ensure all MEP to outlets is as per department SOP’s
Physical Aspects of Position
- Frequent standing and walking throughout the shift
- Frequent lifting and occasionally required to lift up to 24kgs
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, standing
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
At AC Hotels, we believe attention to detail is the greatest form of generosity we can offer. Whether it’s the artful pour of a drink or the elegant line of a chaise, AC Hotels believes that if we have time to make it, we have time to make it beautiful. Our guests recognize and appreciate the edited beauty of AC Hotels. They feel connected to us through a shared concern for details. They enjoy feeling a part of our small, discrete, global tribe. In fact, the feeling of being among like-minded people is a significant part of the AC appeal.
We’re looking for cultural innovators to join our team. If you are someone who has an inner creativity and love for art, design and culture, then we invite you to explore a career with AC Hotels.