Career Centre Co-ordinator
- Roodepoort, Gauteng
- IIE MSA and IIE Varsity College
Direct Reporting Line:
Head: Student Experience
IIE MSA, formerly known as Monash South Africa, was founded in 2001 by Monash University. Since April 2019 we are part of The Independent Institution of Education (The IIE), a leader in the higher education sphere. The IIE is internationally recognised by the British Accreditation Council. IIE MSA, located on a 100-hectare campus in Ruimsig, Johannesburg, in the province of Gauteng. In addition to domestic (South African) students, IIE MSA is home to a diverse of cultures of students from 50 African countries.
The IIE MSA Ruimsig campus in Roodepoort has a vacancy for a Career Centre Co-ordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Career Centre Marketing and Events
- Creates ongoing Career Centre awareness, through awareness campaigns, in-class visits, workshops, MSA App notifications, e-mails, sms's, WhatsApp groups and daily interaction with students.
- Ensures sufficient students and alumni have accessed and engaged with the Career Centre Platform by marketing the Career Centre Platform and the MSA Career Centre App to students and Alumni.
- Uploads job opportunities onto the Career Centre job directory.
- Upskills, leads and empowers the Career Centre Ambassador team to market the Career Centre and its platform to the student body.
- Hosts career evenings / afternoon for final year students and alumni.
- Hosts part-time work expo for current students.
- Hosts a career fair for students and alumni.
- Hosts the Career Centre client appreciation breakfast for clients.
- Hosts the Graduate Employment Workshop (GEW) and MSA Alumni Connect Evening for Alumni.
- Establishes and maintains relations with all clients.
- Ensures and enables clear and open communication between the clients and the Career Centre.
- Conducts regular meetings with clients.
- Ensures compliance to the corporate identity at all times.
- Attends and participates in networking forums resulting in the increased awareness of quality graduates.
- Identifies businesses to partner with and actively seeks job opportunities that are in-line with the qualifications we offer.
- Markets the brand and demonstrates the value of recruiting through the Career Centre.
Recruitment of Students and Alumni
- Receives requests from students or graduates from clients.
- Sends a job specification to clients to complete.
- Advertises the job on the campus in relation to the relevant target market.
- Uses different mediums to advertise jobs.
- Receives and screens student's CVs.
- Obtains letters of recommendation from lecturers on suitable student candidates.
- Conducts one on one interviews with the potential students and sends CV's to clients.
- Submits Curriculum Vitae's (CV's) to clients.
- Tracks applications by following up with clients on placements made.
Preparation of Students for Work Readiness
- Advises students on Career Centre Platform offerings: interactive career tools, e-learning content and assessments.
- Guides and advises on CV, interview preparation and general career support.
- Offers one-on-one career consultations, assisting students in gaining self-awareness and work readiness skills in conjunction with the Career Centre Platform.
- Designs and presents a range of interactive workshops in relation to work readiness.
- Hosts work readiness workshops and showcases by inviting industry leaders to address students.
- Supports and collaborates with Heads of Schools and departments regarding events and workshops for ex. Law Careers Fair.
- Extends similar career support to alumni allowing them to take advantage of professional networks.
- Offers alumni the opportunity to reconnect with fellow students through networking functions, workshops, and alumni reunions.
- Creates a platform for Alumni to give back to the brand and students either by providing graduate job opportunities, talks or providing mentorship to current students.
- Remains in contact with existing Alumni and track their success in industry.
- Advanced computer literacy essential
- Excellent administration, planning and time keeping skills
- Customer service orientation, high levels of energy and self-motivation
- Highly effective communication and organisational skills
- Shown ability to manage work and self proactively
- Enjoy working, networking and building relationships with people
- Superior Presentation Skills
- Must be confident and outgoing
- Proven track record
- Must be approachable
- Creativity, innovation and passion for graduate recruitment
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Relevant 3-year Diploma or Degree in Human Resources or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years Recruitment or Training and Development experience
- Driver’s license and own reliable vehicle.