BUYERS ASSISTANT: PROTEIN
- Cape Town, Western Cape
ApplyBUYERS ASSISTANT: PROTEIN Advert reference: woolw_000491 Advert status: Online Apply by: 5 January 2023
Position SummaryIndustry: FMCG & Supply Management Job category: FMCG, Retail, Wholesale and Supply Chain Location: Cape Town Contract: Permanent Remuneration: Market Related
To achieve the Meat & value-Added Meat team’s goals by providing administrative support to the Buying Team and to ensure the smooth running of the department. Supporting role will be across WW departments F14 Halaal; F39 Biltong; F58 Meat; F80 Value-Added Meats; F91 Deli Meats; F6161 Plant Based Protein departments.
- Administrative Supplier Management.
- Daily communication with the supplier base and weekly reconciliation.
- Communication with buyers/planners regarding supply and availability
- Provide ordering support.
- Maintain Static data.
- Provide general administrative support to the Buying Team.
- Ensure all Price and Pack information is transmitted accurately to all suppliers
- Prepare departmental reports, Excel worksheets and
- Communication of Promotional Planner and managing suppliers’ completion of Promotional Check Sheet timeously with correct flashes.
- Manage alignment of flash fonts across all suppliers.
- Departmental operating expense capturing & management.
- Booking of meetings rooms, coffees and supplier parking.
- Compile, update and maintain supplier files.
- Manage and Audit, weekly, all supplier funds. Prepare summary of all Supplier Funds weekly for the buying team.
- Ad-hoc administrative duties
- Handle ad-hoc queries and requests
- Preparation of Contracts and Trading terms
- At least 2 years relevant administration experience
- Matric (Grade 12)
- Accounting diploma an advantage
- Financial auditing skills and/o experience will be advantageous.
- System experience of Supplier portal, COGNOS, CAM, JDA FF, FILA, RMS, FPI and COM share knowledge advantageous
- Computer literacy skills – Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Basic understanding of retail accounting practices
- Basic understanding of Buying and Planning Knowledge
- Team Player.
- Administration orientation with high levels of accuracy & attention to detail.
- Initiative – ability to anticipate Buying Team member’s requirements and react in advance.
- Ability and willingness to take routine decisions in the absence of Buyer.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Deadline orientated.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Customer Service Orientation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail and Analytical ability
- Integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Work with team at varying levels
- Results driven and proactive
- Connecting People.
Woolworths is an equal employment opportunity company that is committed to inclusion and diversity