- Cape Town, Western Cape
- Cape Town, Western Cape
At One&Only, we exist to create joy for our guests through anticipation, creativity, precision, empathy and warmth. We tailor every aspect of our guests’ stay to bring their dreams and desires to life. With an atmosphere that’s chic but wonderfully unstuffy™, and a team who are meticulous but warm, we seek to exceed our guests’ expectations at every possible turn.
Set in the vibrant heart of Cape Town’s waterfront, surrounded by restaurants, shopping, art and entertainment; on the doorstep of Table Mountain; and within easy reach of spectacular beaches, national parks, and winelands; One&Only Cape Town is the ultimate curator of discovery, from active adventures, to mindful moments and exclusive, tailored experiences. The warm South African charm is one of our most unique and valued assets. With abundant knowledge and generosity, we anticipate our guest’s every need and surpass expectations. Whether we are designing the perfect family day out or arranging a romantic private dinner, we approach everything with imagination to spark a sense of playfulness, discovery and adventure. This is not simply our job, it’s our passion
The Room Attendant’s primary responsibility is to provide quality service in all Guest rooms that exceeds Guest’s expectations. The Room Attendant must demonstrate genuine concern for Guests while ensuring friendly, safe, efficient and professional service. In order to consistently exceed Guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Exceed Guest expectations of Housekeeping services, responsible for the cleanliness of Guest rooms by ensuring that rooms are cleaned in accordance with the required standards.
- Responsible for deep cleanliness of Guest rooms in the assigned section
- Meticulously adhere to the standard operating procedures pertaining to cleaning, sanitization and set up in guest rooms.
- General and deep cleaning of rooms, trolleys, server rooms and caddies as per the standard procedures.
- Ensure reparation of rooms scheduled for arrival.
- Responsible of setting up and maintaining the cleanliness of site inspection rooms before 09:00 each day.
- Informs IRD when room service trays need to be removed.
- Checks that the Compendium, In Room Directory, Resort booklets and Spa flyers are up to date and in good condition in all rooms.
- Ensure supplies, amenities and linens are replenished as per standard.
- Keep pantry neat and in good order.
- Maintain safe work practices according to Health & Safety regulations.
- Adhere to chemical utilization as per the Chemical training SOP.
- Ensure all defects are reported immediately and follow up to ensure they have been completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the tasks provided daily are executed to the expectation of O&OCT standard.
- Complete evening turn down service according to the schedule created by the Housekeeping management.
- Develop a positive working relationship with all colleagues and departments to facilitate a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Responsible for the assigned Master Key.
- Report all lost and found items.
- Adhere to grooming standards as set by the Employee Handbook for O&OCT.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Able to read and write English
- Basic knowledge and understanding cleaning and cleaning tools
Our brand is expanding faster than ever before. We are investing in the growth of our company, and that means we are committed to investing in you. Join a team that is open-hearted, intuitive, generous, and spontaneous in spirit. We believe in making our guests happy beyond anything they have ever imagined. We wow them at every turn and create memories that will last a lifetime. You will be at the heart of this vision, to constantly innovate to deliver Amazing Experiences and Everlasting Memories.