Attendant - Stewarding
- Cape Town, Western Cape
- Cape Town, Western Cape
Attendant - Stewarding
At One&Only, we exist to create joy for our guests through anticipation, creativity, precision, empathy and warmth. We tailor every aspect of our guests’ stay to bring their dreams and desires to life. With an atmosphere that’s chic but wonderfully unstuffy™, and a team who are meticulous but warm, we seek to exceed our guests’ expectations at every possible turn.
Set in the vibrant heart of Cape Town’s waterfront, surrounded by restaurants, shopping, art and entertainment; on the doorstep of Table Mountain; and within easy reach of spectacular beaches, national parks, and winelands; One&Only Cape Town is the ultimate curator of discovery, from active adventures, to mindful moments and exclusive, tailored experiences. The warm South African charm is one of our most unique and valued assets. With abundant knowledge and generosity, we anticipate our guest’s every need and surpass expectations. Whether we are designing the perfect family day out or arranging a romantic private dinner, we approach everything with imagination to spark a sense of playfulness, discovery and adventure. This is not simply our job, it’s our passion
Complete basic/ normal cleaning projects as well as special cleaning projects as assigned and following hotel specifications and standards. Clean and maintain equipment and dishwashing/ kitchen/ cafeteria/ compactor/ storage areas. Assist in other Stewarding functions as assigned.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated items, according to Health and Safety regulations and hotel requirements.
- Set up and organize work station with designated supplies and equipment; report shortages to supervisor. Replenish as needed throughout the shift.
- Check the working condition of equipment and machinery in accordance with specifications; rectify any deficiencies.
- Clean designated equipment, sinks, service areas, walls, floors, kitchen/ cafeteria/dumpster/compactor areas as assigned, following all departmental procedures and sanitation requirements.
- Inspect the cleanliness and condition of all washed equipment and areas; clean items not meeting standards.
- Store cleaned equipment in designated areas.
- Handle all wares carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
- Monitor usage of chemicals to maximize consumption.
- Maintain cleanliness and working condition of garbage disposal and grease traps.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of work areas throughout shift.
- Stock kitchen lines, restaurant service areas and buffet line with designated cleaned wares, utensils and equipment.
- Clean spills in kitchen and work areas immediately.
- Use designated chemicals, supplies and equipment to clean various floor surfaces (brooms, mops, stripper, buffer, etc.).
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of supply/storage closets; remove trash, wipe down shelves/counters; clean floors; remove items which do not belong and place in correct areas.
- Transport garbage containers from kitchen and work areas to dumpster; empty and clean according to standards. Adheres to recycling regulations.
- Clean garbage compactor and area as assigned.
- Report any damages, maintenance problems or safety hazards to the supervisor.
- Adhere to all Health Department, sanitation and safety regulations as required by the hotel.
- Organize and restock work areas for next shift as specified in departmental standards.
- Work with chemical and machine repair personnel to repair machine, improve quality or standards, increase productivity or capacity of machine.
- Complete job functions of other departmental positions as assigned.
- Assist in plating up banquet meals. Assist in inventories as assigned
- Perform special cleaning projects as assigned
- Ensure that floors are swept and mopped. Keep floors clean dry, spills are picked up immediately using wet floor signs, dry rags, and dry mops
- Clean walls, tables, racks, sinks, floor mats and disposal area, polish stainless steel, ceilings.
- Clean Ovens, hoods, filters, drains, hot boxes, steam tables, stoves, according to schedule or as specified by the Executive Chef of their respective area of responsibility.
- Maintain organization and ensure proper storage and cleaning of all rolling stock and racks, silver, pre-soaking and operation of dish machines.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis according to the Roster
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in job-related English.
- Ability to count.
- High school graduate or equivalent vocational training.
- Previous experience in janitorial/ cleaning position.
- Familiarity with proper sanitation regulations.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
- Ability to perform duties with attention to details, speed, accuracy, follow-through and cooperativeness and be able to follow directions.
- Ability to adapt to meet priority changes of work flow or requirements.
- Ability to operate designated machinery and remains alert while operating it.
- Ability to exert physical effort in transporting equipment and wares and withstand high temperatures, moisture and noise levels in work areas.
Our brand is expanding faster than ever before. We are investing in the growth of our company, and that means we are committed to investing in you. Join a team that is open-hearted, intuitive, generous, and spontaneous in spirit. We believe in making our guests happy beyond anything they have ever imagined. We wow them at every turn and create memories that will last a lifetime. You will be at the heart of this vision, to constantly innovate to deliver Amazing Experiences and Everlasting Memories.