AsstMgr-Food & Beverage - Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Menlyn, Pretoria
- Pretoria, Gauteng
- Pretoria, Gauteng
Job DescriptionJob Number 22206919
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Pretoria Menlyn, Summit Place Precinct, Menlyn, Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Position responsible for assigned food and beverage/culinary operations. Oversees guest and employee satisfaction, maintaining standards and meeting or exceeding financial goals.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Food and Beverage Operations
- Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
- Provides excellent customer service to all employees.
- Responds quickly and proactively to employee's concerns.
- Uses coaching skills throughout the property.
- Demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Motivates and encourages staff to solve guest and employee related concerns.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Responds quickly and proactively to guest's concerns.
- Understands the brand's service culture.
- Sets service expectations for all guests internally and externally.
- Takes ownership of a guest complaint/problem until it is resolved or it has been addressed by the appropriate manager or employee.
- Follows up to ensure complaints have been addressed to the guest's satisfaction.
- Develops a relationship with all guests to build repeated clientele internally and externally.
Additional Responsibilities as Assigned
- Complies with all corporate accounting procedures.
- Assists GM as needed with annual Quality audit.
The acquisition and maintenance of GUESTS
Drive the broader goals of the Hotel, in terms of the Food & Beverage department, by planning and achieving objectives.
Managing effective operations of all F&B areas (restaurant, bar, room service, kitchen, conference & events and social spaces)
Managing of daily food and beverage cost of sales, proactive action on variances and achieving acceptable margins.
Ensuring that the required F&B procedures, operational and administrative systems and controls are in place.
Daily / weekly and monthly stock takes to be conducted of food, beverages, consumables and operation equipment and compiling of trading summaries and variance reports
Overseeing and assisting with daily, weekly and monthly beverage, paper supplies and operating equipment stock takes.
Regular operating stock and operating equipment stocks are conducted and variance reports reconciled.
Interacting with GUESTS to receive valuable feedback and thus being a salesperson, researcher and problem solver.
Ensuring GUEST comment results meet and exceed set targets
Safe and proper control/usage/maintenance of all F&B equipment.
Ensuring that the cleanliness and hygiene of all F&B areas are of the highest standard
Forecasting volumes of business to maintain sufficient stock levels and schedule STAFF to meet operational requirements within budgeted parameters.
Adherence to labour laws, application of discipline, grievance handling and employee communications.
Facilitate the development of STAFF through the training plan in line with the Hotel’s standard
Implementation and maintenance of the F&B marketing plan including the F&B database printed marketing material, social media, online advertising and any other F&B marketing opportunities.
Following and implementation of latest trends.
Manager-on-duty shifts, which include over-seeing of other departments
Assist the General Manager, Food and Beverage Manager, Executive Chef and Banqueting Manager to drive the department and hotels strategies.
Grade 12 (Matric or equivalent), formal hotel management qualification and at least 2 years’ experience in the same or a similar position.
Exceptional computer literacy with special focus on POS, Opera, Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
Excellent communication skills in English, written, verbal and telephone etiquette
Fully literate and numerate (able to perform relative calculations, statistics and be able to interpret / compile accounts and financial statements / budgets / forecasts / trading summaries / reports / invoices)
A high level of leadership and motivational skills
Must be GUEST service driven, dynamic and resourceful, extremely passionate for this industry, a TEAM player with a positive & JUICED attitude
Must be able to maintain physical stamina to personally supervise all areas of responsibility
Flexibility to work shifts: morning, evening and late shifts
Time and resource management, planning and organizational skills are essential
Assertiveness, patience, self-disciplined & attention to detail
Ability to work accurately under pressure
Have a vast knowledge regarding food safety and general hygiene
High value placed on integrity & reliability (be able to work with money)
Valid driver’s license and own transportation will be a distinct advantage
Well groomed, presentable and professional manner
Creative flair with the ability to think out of the box
TEAM player with a positive attitude.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Protea Hotels by Marriott® is the leading hospitality brand in Africa and one of the most widely recognized hospitality brands on the continent, with over 90 hotels across South Africa, Zambia, Nigeria, Namibia, Ghana, Tanzania and Uganda. If you have a passion for delivering every guest a personalized service experience and desire to be part of the ‘Coolest Hotel Brand in South Africa’, join the Protea Hotels by Marriott® team today!