Assistant Controller X2
- Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
- Bidvest International Logistics
Taking control of the import files, once the Controllers have pre-registered the files. Ensure proactiveness, and very high levels of communication to both clients, internally and 3rd party Service Providers. This role is the back office for the full function of Imports, from registration, Cargo dues processing, DI to Transporter, release and payment to Carriers and/or Groupage Agents, costing of Transport, and preparation of final invoice for the client, all before the cargo has been delivered to the client.
Qualifications & Experience
Customs/Forwarding course accreditation would be an advantage
At least 1 years experience in Imports Clearing. A sound knowledge of seafreight, import procedures and documentation.
Have thorough working knowledge of various ocean and house bills of lading and respective landside charges.
Key responsibilities of this role:
Full handling of file from Registration to Invoicing, including below specifics:
1. The ability to handle the full seafreight imports procedure from registration, transport, release, through to invoicing to client.
2. Split and forward the correct documentation for Entries and Controllers, as well as for Transporter and Vessel/ Groupage Agents for release.
3. The ability to pay Vessel and Groupage Agents and obtain release for LCL/FCL and break-bulk shipments.
4. The ability to prepare transport delivery instructions, CTO’s and rail consignment notes, with an understanding of haulage contracts. 5. Calculate correctly storage, demurrage and other charges applicable to each file, as well as understand 3rd party charges from Agents, Transporters, and depots.
6. Calculate and complete transport costing sheets as per individual client’s agreed transport rates.
7. Invoice out import files as per client’s agreed rates and ensure all 3rd party charges have been accounted for.
Basic Financial and calculation knowledge:
1) Resolve queries with 3rd parties and deal with Recon queries
2) Precost 3rd party charges before actual invoice obtained
Communicate clearly with 3rd parties and more senior team members
To consult regularly with Import client controllers with regard to problematic shipping documents or queries.