- Richards Bay, KwaZulu-Natal
- Rio Tinto
Assistant: Administration - Mine
- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Permanent employment which includes a huge range of additional benefits
- Location: Richards Bay, South Africa
About the role
Finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs
We are looking for an Assistant: Administration - Mine to provide a comprehensive administration service and logistical support to the team, section and/ or department
This is a great opportunity for a candidate that has a sound administrative experience that is developed through a combination of practical experience and formal training and can demonstratively apply this knowledge in the workplace. A candidate that is safety driven and consistently looks for new initiatives and ways of working, while preparing the organisation to accept change.
In addition to paying competitively and providing great benefits packages, we want you to live the lifestyle that is right for you and your family. And because of our size and scale, there are many opportunities to learn, grow and do more than you ever thought possible.
Every hour of every shift, your safety and wellbeing are our number one priority. We do the work only if it is safe, and we invest to make sure every member of the team has the quality tools they need to do their job.
Reporting to the Supervisor: Warehouse, you will:
- Analyse job ticket information and distribute to the appropriate parties in order to ensure effective scheduling.
- Capture confirmation text on job tickets to ensure that the appropriate follow-up action is taken in order to ensure optimal efficiency.
- Close off job tickets in SAP.
- Provide and/or facilitate general administrative services such as stationery, time sheets, tools and equipment, transport arrangements etc.
- Establish and manage system security and access profiles.
- Compile a list of outstanding maintenance work report.
- Distribute closed work orders to scheduler and assessor.
- Coordinate and generate the monthly Labour reports.
- When the scheduler is not available – take responsibility for all key tasks of the scheduler at the discretion of the Planner
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Grade 12 / N3 / NQF Level 4
- One year administration/secretarial experience
- Computer literate with experience in MS Office
- SAP experience is advantageous
- Valid South African Driver’s License
Please attach ALL copies of your qualifications, failure to do so will result in your application being unsuccessful and an automatic regret of your application
Only online applications will be considered
Please note that failure to satisfy all the minimum requirements will lead to your application not being considered.
No statement of results will be considered.
What we offer
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience
- Annual cash incentive awards (STIP) for eligible employees
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Access top tier family-friendly health and medical programs, pension, and savings plans
- Wellbeing benefits
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matter
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental, etc)
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities, and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
Certified as a Top Employer for 4 consecutive years, located in the Kwa-Zulu Natal province, Richards Bay Minerals (RBM) is part of the Rio Tinto Group and is an internationally recognised sand mining and mineral processing operations leader and one of the world's foremost producers of titanium minerals, high purity pig iron and zircon. We have implemented a sound corporate social development programme and an internationally recognised environmental rehabilitation programme to restore the mined dunes to their natural state once mining operations have ceased.
Every Voice Matters
RBM is an equal opportunity employer and preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups in line with the company’s employment equity plan.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or anything else that makes us different.