Artisan: Fitter - Mobile
- Richards Bay, KwaZulu-Natal
- Rio Tinto
Artisan: Fitter – Mobile
- Great opportunity to work for a global company at the forefront of mining
- A unique opportunity to contribute to Rio Tinto’s Engineering team
- Role based in Richards Bay, South Africa
About the role
We are looking for an Artisan: Diesel Mechanic to perform preventative mechanical maintenance to achieve optimal plant availability by reducing downtime and breakdowns.
Reporting to the Maintenance Controller, you will:
- Inspect, repair and maintain assets and mechanical equipment to minimize adverse impact on production.
- Oversee, assist, and support maintenance jobs of all Servicepersons.
- Perform, fault finding and problem solving on mechanical equipment.
- Liaise with Maintenance Controller / Supervisor to identify maintenance and service needs.
- Hands-on maintenance during breakdowns and shutdowns.
- Technical evaluation of equipment and projects.
- Record job statistics including non-hours, duration, failure mode, failure root cause, parts used important observations etc. on the specified documentation, with utmost tidiness, care and accuracy.
- Accept “technical ownership” of breakdown situations and to manage all aspects corrective work up to the point of resolution or escalation.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- N3 (Mathematics and Physical science)
- Trade Tested Fitter
- Drivers’ License
- Exposure to maintenance of light and heavy motor vehicle
- Minimum of 2 Years practical work experience within a Heavy industry environment
Your application should include the following:
- Updated Curriculum Vitae with copies of Qualifications, Identity document and Driver’s License
- Acceptance into the position is dependent on a successful interview and assessment.
Only online applications will be considered, failure to provide any of the required documents will result in an automatic regret of your application.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.