- Johannesburg, Gauteng
- Letshalo HR Services
About the position
Our client is looking for a highly skilled, motivated and dedicated Architectural Technologist who would like to be part of the team.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
To provide architectural design solutions and services. The successful incumbent will collaborate closely with the architects and serve as the link between the architect's concept and the finished product. Furthermore, the Architectural Technologist is responsible for ensuring that the proper materials are used and that the building complies with regulations, as well as monitoring quality assurance, costs, and deadlines throughout the construction project.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Surveying sites, identifying construction irregularities;
- Analysing architectural plans and drawings, highlighting any possible risks or problems and making amendments using computer-aided design applications;
- Specifying the appropriate technology and tools to be used in the project and advising where this requires deviation from the initial design plans;
- Liaising with the architect, surveyors and other construction professionals;
- Handing the project over to the client and making sure the building is appropriately constructed;
- Project Management duties as and when required;
- Manage and implement projects, design, drawings, issue building regulation applications to municipal councils;
- Identify opportunities to improve work processes in order to leverage own and department’s workload;
- Effectively manage an unpredictable workload and meet established deadlines;
- Track, schedule, and monitor activities related to multiple, assigned projects.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE and KNOWLEDGE: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- National Diploma or equivalent (non-negotiable)
- Registration with SACAP
- Technical skills (non-negotiable)
- Proficient with Revit
- Competence with AutoCAD and CAD
- Familiarity with Government work environment and tender procedures
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Ability to formulate clear objectives.
- High level of creativity
- Detail orientation, process orientation, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Microsoft Project
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Must have a valid drivers license
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks after closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Microsoft Project
- Tender Processes