Analyst Data Acquisition
- Johannesburg, Gauteng
- Johannesburg, Gauteng
TransUnion's Job Applicant Privacy Notice
What We'll Bring:This seasoned-level position is focused on supporting the TransUnion customer base by providing consultation to data providers and internal stakeholders ensuring timely and accurate processing of data, and executing specific functions associated with data on the TransUnion database and the management thereof.
What You'll Bring:
- Ensure that good quality input data is processed and monitor that data is successfully loaded within the set SLA’s and load reports are shared with the relevant stakeholders.
- Liaison with our external stakeholders regarding any data submission issues, load delays and non-submission of data.
- Liaison with our internal stakeholders regarding any file failures and any data load issues impacting various lines of business.
- Perform data analysis on the data loaded and identify any anomalies and communicate findings to internal and external stakeholders.
- Compile reports – these go to industry bodies and the candidate should be able to address any queries being raised by the said industry bodies.
- Be involved in projects were enhancements of processes are made. Should be able to proactively identify areas that need improvements as far as efficiency is concerned.
What we expect:
As an Analyst, your key responsibilities span the following areas:
- Technical Skills : Proficient in MS Excel, MS Access Advance, SQL entry level programming skills.
- Interpersona l: Conveys ideas to others and gathers information through speaking and writing. Should also be able to raise and address issues both in writing and verbally to either internal or external stakeholders.
- Adaptability and Flexibility: Demonstrates sensitivity to deadlines and commitments. Adapts to changes in business, job and customer requirements, systems, procedures, tools, team members and methods. Keeps pace with overall demands of department. Exhibits a positive outlook when faced with obstacles. Communicates difficulties to appropriate parties in order to meet deadlines in a timely manner either independently or with directions and assistance from others. Takes appropriate corrective action. Accepts and supports change. Helps others with change. Continues to act productively and assists others during stressful situations.
- Analytical/Consulting Skills: Analyzes data, processes, and systems. Draws conclusions and makes recommendations based on analysis of relevant information.
- Teamwork: Cooperates and works with and through others in a team environment. Supports the team’s efforts. Focus is generally the immediate work group. Accepts input from the team and makes an active contribution to the team’s efforts. May assist others on different teams.
- Multi-Tasking: Works effectively on multiple customer issues, tasks, responsibilities and/or duties concurrently within a specific job function. Based on established procedures, presents options to solve problems within scope of job. Evaluates and draws appropriate conclusions of differing situations within scope of job. Develops and refines day-to-day procedures within scope of job. Meets or occasionally exceeds deadlines. Owns processes and workflow. Provides assistance to others. Produces new analysts with effective and customer focused work habits.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Impact You'll Make:
- A grade 12 and preferably an IT programming/computer science certificate or diploma. Experience in data processing and analytical solutions. Have a proven ability to perform the overall duties and responsibilities of this position with minimal direction.
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Access Advance and SQL entry level programming skills.
- Have excellent customer service skills, including strong listening skills and the ability to communicate and interact with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Analytical skills to understand and work with complex data sets.
- Good planning and the ability to work in a pressurized environment.
A self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
TransUnion Job TitleAnalyst, Data Acquisition