Airport Junior buyer Jobs at Safair
- South Africa
Safair Operations, operating as , has a vacancy for Junior Buyer . The successful applicant will report to Senior Manager: Supply Chain.
– Responsible for the procurement of items from local suppliers;
– Responsible for all Non Aircraft purchase and any adhoc functions;
– Assisting in resolving all queries related from Supplier invoices
– Daily expediting of all orders and advise the buyers where they need to intervene.
– Weekly reporting on status of outstanding orders;
– Monitoring expiry dates of tools, life rafts, life vests etc.;
– Ensure supplier statements are reviewed and up to date;
– Resolving supplier issues and ensuring supplier invoices are correct.
– Grade 12
– Previous aviation procurement experience preferred but not required;
– Tertiary qualification in procurement advantageous;
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel such as Pivot tables.
– Must be willing to work overtime as required;
– Must be system and process driven;
– Attention to detail a must;
– Must be a Strong analytical person;
– Must be willing to work under extreme pressure;
– Self-driven worker who can operate in a team environment;
– Good communications skills are a must;
– Solution seeking approach
– Willing to take on new challenges;
– Proactively seeking better solutions to current problems
– Proactive and positive attitude and leadership qualities;
– Strategic thinking;
– Passion for Supply Chain.
· Suitable qualified candidates are invited to complete the prescribed form, available on our website: .
· No external email applications will be accepted.
· Should no feedback be provided within two (2) weeks from the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
· FlySafair reserves the right
* Not to proceed with this vacancy
* To appoint the selected candidates based on its operational requirements.
· Reference number – JHB000643
Preference will be given to members of under-represented designated groups.