- BDO South Africa
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Receive request for payment from division.
- Prepare the PO and submit for approval-prepare splits where required.
- Manage supplier invoices for payment, part payment and accruals instructions and submission.
- Submit to Finance weekly for payment before deadline.
- To Manager the divisional open PO reports and liaise with Finance.
- Communication, follow-up and send POP to suppliers.
- Obtain the signed engagement letter and client code to create an engagement code-start date/end date/billing price/employees to be added/budgets.
- Add staff to projects.
- Process WIP requirements (Provisions, write-ups/offs).
- Review and monitor WIP and highlight red flags (Duplications of accruals/costs, incorrect capture of timesheets-exceeding budgets etc.) Transfer out.
- Clean up and closing engagement codes.
- Prepare and review a monthly WIP balance report to the Directors highlighting provisions and write offs.
- Ensure all timesheet are in for billing period.
- Run the WIP report (Billing WIP report) and set up meeting with division to discuss the billing.
- Raise invoices and attach supporting documents- Reference billing narration to LOE and billing terms.
- Review billing report and prepare NPS reports and submissions monthly.
- Create purchase orders for intercompany billings (Billing Conduits)
- Attend to Debtor queries.
- Submit invoices for Manager Review and Directors approval on the system (obtain director approval to print invoice on their behalf when not available.
Client Management Date:
- Check that client codes have all the required information, vat number, etc.
- Update the client information card client authorized instructions.
- Review and maintenance of customer information card in the advisory division.
Vendor Data process:
- Liaising with Vendor to complete forms
- Review and make sure all documents are complete, valid and compliant
- Upload vendor documents on SharePoint preferential procurement
- Obtain processed vendor code and send to vendor for ease of reference
- Complete client vendor forms-sourcing all documentation required and getting it signed (Ensuring all documents are valid.
Timesheets (Internal and subcontractors) staff travel:
- Timesheet Checking -check if all timesheets are captured for the month and follow up on outstanding
- Transfer o incorrect time allocating and assisting staff reverse
- Timesheet capture substitute for divisions
- Follow up on outstanding subcontractor timesheets and check for accuracy and consolidate for billing supporting documentation
- Assist with staff queries with regard to excess to engagement codes, timing of entry in line with Finance deadlines.
- Attending to operational queries
- Attend to staff queries across the company
- Ability to work independently and be self-managed
- Have initiative
- Focused and attentive
- Professional at all times
- Friendly and helpful
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter with strong will to succeed
- Eager to learn and grow
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting finance or a similar field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a financial administrator or similar.
- Advanced proficiency in accounting software, such as Maconomy and a greatsoft.
- In-depth knowledge of financial; controls and accounting standards.
- Extensive experience in financial reporting.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Superb organisational and time management abilities.
- Great collaboration and communication skills.