Actuarial Retirement Specialist
- Cape Town, Western Cape
Cape Town, ZA
January 13, 2023
Do you want to be part of a market leading international consulting company? Are you looking to develop your technical actuarial skills and are you looking for a career growth?
Do you want to be part of a diverse team where everyone is heard, respected, and valued? Look no further WTW is the place for you!
As an Actuarial Specialist on the Retirement team, you will apply your technical analytical skills in the areas of retirement plan valuations, design, compliance, and risk and financial management for all types of retirement plans including defined benefit, defined contribution and retiree medical.
You will participate on teams that help organizations of varying sizes align their retirement programs to their company objectives.
In this role at WTW you will :
- Work closely with Fund valuators with regards to the actuarial valuations of pension, provident, and benefit funds. Although these are expected to be largely Defined Contribution in nature, there would also be exposure to Defined Benefit type valuations
- Analyze valuations of client company liabilities (such as benefit obligations and post-retirement medical aid) in terms of relevant accounting standards, legislation and / or guidance notes
- Prepare and check monthly or quarterly investment reports, unitization, and appropriate return calculations
- Play a suitable role in providing benefit consulting services which may include familiarity with current and proposed future legislation, adhoc projects and analyses of results, management of various fund tasks, secretarial functions, and ensuring the appropriate completion of client specific reporting
- Act as a liaison with clients and service providers
- Assist the staff where required, both in terms of more senior staff requiring support and junior staff requiring assistance or guidance
- Perform any other actuarial related tasks or calculations including but not limited to risk rebrokes, member calculations, projections, pension increases, and distributions
- Bachelor’s degree with actuarial or any other financial / mathematical specialization
- Good progress with actuarial exams (candidates who have not written or stopped with their actuarial exams would also be considered if relevant experience is demonstrated)
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to respond to all communications effectively and in a timely manner
- Ability to work both independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage several different projects concurrently and deliver on all of them
- Advanced experience with the MS Office Suite, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook (Access would be an advantage)
- Conscientious and detail focused
All candidates who have the necessary qualifications / experience and meet our requirements may apply. WTW fully supports the employment equity objectives of the Financial Sector Code and preference may be given to candidates from certain designated groups.