- Cape Town, South Africa
- EF Education First
Do you want to work with international students and in a multi-cultural environment? Do you enjoy planning and executing fun activities and excursions for visitors in Cape Town?
Are you looking for a customer-facing position with entrepreneurial aspects and responsibilities? This position is ideal for graduate students with passion and energy, who would like to work in a dynamic and supportive environment, showcasing the best that Cape Town has to offer.
Role & Responsibilities
As Activities Coordinator you are responsible for the full activity program for our language students from all over the world.
You will be working with the school management team to shape and deliver an exceptional customer experience.
You will help in planning & delivering safe and fun activities that will give the students a sense of the local culture while having fun with their new international friends.
The Activities Coordinator at EF Cape Town develops a varied social activities program appropriate to the ages, cultural needs, and interests of the EF students, including sport, culture, sightseeing and excursions.
This role is pivotal to the school, and a first point of contact to the students. The Activities Coordinator also works with our Admin Manager in creating content for the Social Media accounts of the school and ensures that events and activities are profitable and enticing to our wider cohort of overseas students.
A truly memorable experience where every day will be different, and you will get the opportunity to interact with students from across the world.
Duties include but are not limited to :
- Develop, plan, and deliver exciting events and activities,
- Foster social interactions between students via clubs, meet-ups, and events,
- Accompany students on school-organised social or sports events during the day, evening or weekends ensuring supervision is carried out with high-level of responsibility, safety, and enthusiasm,
- Promote the school’s social activities program in class and online,
- Liaise with various suppliers of tours, events, and excursions, ensuring we offer quality and variety, whilst maintaining commissions and revenues.
Develop positive business relationships and offer the best possible rates for our students,
- Process payments from students and reconcile
- Ensure the highest standards of safety and quality are maintained at all levels, risk assessments of activities performed regularly, feedback and evaluation from students followed up continuously,
- Provide welfare assistance to students as required,
- Assist with the recruitment of temporary seasonal activity staff.
- Supervise activities interns and help in training them
- A team player that can lead from the front, be outgoing and have great attention to detail,
- Passionate about customer service and providing quality,
- Enthusiastic, organised, and natural leader, capable of using their own initiative,
- An excellent communicator, with an ability to build and maintain strong relationships with students, staff, and suppliers,
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment,
- Strong knowledge in social media (Instagram, TikTok, Facebook),
- Familiar with the Cape Town region and what the city has to offer in terms of sights and culture,
- Able to maintain professionalism during events and social activities,
- Excellent fluency in English,
- Driving license desirable but not essential.
Start date : 1 April 2023
Remuneration : Salary and Medical Aid