- Cape Town, Western Cape, ZA
Mid Senior Accounts Clerk
Leading luxury African travel experts based in Cape Town seek to employ an Accounts Clerk in their Finance Division (hybrid working environment).
The position reports to the Head of Group Finance and will take on day on day responsibilities assuring accurate capturing of financial information.
What You'll be Doing :
- Receive all invoices / credit notes from both trade and sundry creditors.
- Confirm the validity of the tax invoices / credit notes, ensure that they have been duly approved.
- Capturing of the sundry tax invoices / credit notes using the correct general ledger allocation.
- Reconciliation and payment of the trade and sundry creditors.
- Update outstanding Creditors Report on a weekly basis for Cash Flow purposes.
- Load all approved Suppliers due for payment on scheduled date.
- Upload / Capture weekly Payments on FNB
- Capture all Debtors Receipts from FNB and relevant Credit Card Portals
- Update an outstanding Debtors report on a weekly basis for Cash Flow purposes
- Additional adhoc as required
Desired Skills & Experience :
- Demonstrated experience within an accounting position (minimum of 2 years)
- Good understanding and use of financial and operating systems
- Proven technical proficiency in Xero is desirable
- Experience with Google’s s office suite (Sheets, Docs etc)
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing demands
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, environment, with strict deadlines
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Analytical with strong attention to detail
- Confident and customer service oriented with a flexible and cooperative approach
The closing date for this position : 10th February 2023. Please note if you have not heard from us in 2 weeks from application, please consider yourself unsuccessful - please do continue to follow us online and apply for suitable roles.