Accountant - Project Accountant.Finance
- Johannesburg, Gauteng
- MTN Nigeria
Project Accounting Administration
- Ensure that each Network Group project is accounted for in accordance with IFRS.
- Recommend improvement to existing project accounting policies, processes and procedures to enhance effectiveness, efficiency and performance
- Ensure that Network Group adhere to the financial policies, processes and procedures.
- Recommend changes and modification to systems as required to ensure timeliness, accuracy and efficiency.
- Manage and monitor the raising of requisitions for Network Group Capital projects. Ensure that the distribution on each requisition is in line with IFRS, Capex project toolkit, and Oracle Projects.
- Submit the relevant reports of Network Group to the Senior Project and operational accountant, to consolidate for the monthly financial pack for finance consolidation.
- Submit the relevant reports of Network Group to the relevant CPM –PM’s, GM’s and CTO.
- Assist business in preparing capital project documentations
- Analyse financial goals of the projects and ensure delivery of all the financial objective of the projects.
- Ensure that internal labour per Network group project is capitalised and supporting documentation is in place.
(This function will have a direct reporting into the Project area and an indirect reporting line to Project Office for the whole planning cycles )
- Assist Network Group with budget inputs and forecast reviews as requested by business finance.
- Assist in the implementation of new Network group budgets and forecast. Ensure that all approved adjustment is reflected on the effected project budgets.
- Control Network department budgets and ensures that the project budgets is not overspend.
- Track Network Group budget vs. actual for CPM projects
- Understand and report on all major variances from the Network group budgets.
- Control and report on spend vs. forecasts to budget. Analyse cash flow for Network Group department and inform finance accordingly.
- Ensure that Network Group comply with all business rules related to the financial cost per project (OPEX and CAPEX).
- Control costs through the recommendation of lower cost options / more effective processes and procedures
- Identify areas where money is lost and recommend ways to reduce expenditure where possible
- Check invoices per project and reconcile with commitments.
- Monitor and accrue all work schedules not yet invoiced
- Manage all administrative tasks related to project accounting environment
- Manage material resource planning with materials planner and logistics to ensure equipment is ordered on time
Project Accounting Query Resolution
- Address problems relating to project accounting on a case by case basis, ensuring an optimal balance between the response to the situation, the cost of that response, and the core purpose of the organisation
- Deal with problem situations that arise timeously and efficiently
- Follow clear and linear procedures to diagnose and solve accounting-related problems that are not always obvious
- Provide information and knowledge as required to resolve problems
- Generate different options for the known problem, evaluate possible methods to resolve the problem, and select the most appropriate solution in terms of enhanced effectiveness and efficiency, and reduced cost
- Tailor solutions to suit the problem (within defined parameters)
- Take action to prevent the reoccurrence of problems
- Make use of available resources to solve the problem
- Identify external parties to assist with problem solving as required
- Ensure time sheets are processed for each project
- Update progress tracking information and reports at project portfolio level
- Provide regular information to all relevant project/programme managers
- Ensure support documentation received is in compliance with requisition format and requirements
- Request and submit copies of missing backup documentation
- Maintain complete project files for the entire duration of the project. Act as point of contact for year end audit requirements
- Conduct reporting on project accounting status and quarterly forecasts
- Assist business finance in quarterly forecast with regards to project costs.
- Identify and prepare relevant information and data for reporting purposes
- Make assessments of and draw solutions from qualitative data. Make logical deductions and draw conclusions that can be motivated
- Consider the implications of actions to be taken for the customer / the effect of actions on the customer
- Understand the immediate consequence and impact of activity on the customer
- Report and escalate issues as and when required to the responsible person to ensure continuous Operational Support
- Respond to customer queries in line with set guidelines
- Escalate unresolved queries timorously
- Ensure that customer specifications are met and that the customer is satisfied with the end service and/or product
- Deliver first time right service excellence