Account Manager for MTN SA
- Centurion, Gauteng
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world. We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
The Customer Experience organization provides a common interface to customers including account and relationship management, acting as the voice of the customer internally and creating demand across our business groups. While bringing deep understanding of local markets for our customer, the CX organization ensures strong alignment between sales and delivery teams.
You will be the Sales Professional with technical and business understanding of telecoms solutions, responsible for generating orders and revenues by selling Nokia’s solutions to customers and have the following interfaces into the business CBT/CT Head:
- BG Head of Sales
- Business Groups Pre-sales and Delivery
- Head of Technologies
- Strategy & Sales Ops
- Pricing Manager
- Customer CxO
- Customer procurement
What you will learn and contribute to
Acts as a main contact point for MTN South Africa for Nokia’s Mobile Networks Business:
- Understands customers’ strategic direction and associated business plans
- Implements Nokia’s account strategy.
- Identifies, develops & wins new sales opportunities for Nokia
- Sales and marketing support with wide technical system level expertise and deep business understanding.
- Expert in selling/marketing and system solutions knowledge. Contributing to relationship management.
- Creating long-term business development plans and positioning of technology strategy, solutions and products to match with customer needs.
- Develops understanding of customers’ key business drivers and uses this knowledge for creating profitable business opportunities and growth in market share for Nokia
- Fulfills Nokia’s process for presales offer lifecycle management and quarterly forecast
- Proactively identifies, develops & wins Nokia business in line with Nokia growth and profitability targets; and grow market share.
- Understand MTN’s commercial, operational & technology challenges & opportunities in the mobile network’s domain.
- Engage with MTN SA in managing all aspects (technical, commercial, and operational) aspects of the RAN business.
- Translates market knowledge into business opportunities meaning work on actions to expand Nokia RAN footprint in MTN SA network.
- Negotiates and closes deals to achieve orders’ and revenue targets.
- Owns the accounts pipeline/funnel and opportunity data in pipeline management tool including regular updates in the sCRM tool.
- Identifies efforts that will have the greatest strategic impact and improve Nokia’s position as a partner for MTN SA.
- Builds & manages trust-based, long-term relationships with MTN SA Technical, Logistics departments and management teams.
- Positions Nokia as a preferred solution and services partner.
- Articulates in clear and effective manner value proposition of services to customer
- Negotiates Customer contracts in alignment with commercial and legal organizations (Acceptance, SoR, payment terms, etc.)
- Communicates clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives (account plan, LE etc.) to internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure revenue and cash collection targets are met with support of all internal and external stakeholders.
Your skills and experience
- Consultative Selling & Customer Business Understanding
- Nokia end to end portfolio knowledge & natural interest to keep up to date on technological and market evolution as well as competitors’ activities
- Relationship Management and ability to identify all stakeholders and understand their communications needs and feedback
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams under time constraint / stress scenarios
- Winning mindset, embrace challenges
- Understanding of the major key-points of Nokia’s standard contracts.
- Competitor Intelligence and Market Insight
- Bid Management, Customer Pricing, Sales Negotiation
It would be nice if you also had:
- Bachelors or Master's degree in engineering, telecommunications, business or a related field.
- Fluency in Business English language. French would be an added value
- Minimum of 5 years experience leading relevant teams in areas of account management, products, solutions and services sales experience in the telecommunication industry
- Experience and knowledge of the Africa Telecom industry
- Proven track record in meeting and exceeding sales targets within assigned territories.
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.